Tuesday, August 12, 2008

August 12th

Today I found my permanent place. It is a one bedroom apartment that is quite a good size. I have a kitchen, old fridge, 2 beds, 2 bathrooms, a couch and some chairs, and a nice Mother Mary Idol worship place. The landowner is Roman Catholic, as is everyone else it in Goa. She is very nice. She is old and has a really messed up arm. She really likes me and let me take the place for really cheap because I am Goan and Christian.

The only problem with the apartment is that it needs to be painted and she said she would take care of that. So I will not be living there until its painted, then I will move in. I am way excited to move into my own place. I feel bad I will not be staying with that other person, but this place is much nicer and fits my needs perfectly.

This evening we went fishing off the Mandovi Bridge, which separates the two peninsulas of Goa. It is quite a big bridge. We went with about 8 branch members, but only 3 poles and only one of them that actually reached the water because the bridge was so high. It was still pretty fun even though we didn't catch anything.

6 comments:

Angie said...

Jordan- I am so happy that things are going well for you there.. If you need anything, please let me know... Check out my family blog at elmurphclan.blogspot.com
Good luck with the job hunt...
Love-Cousin Angie

Michael 's Blog said...

Hey put pictures of you words are hard for us people that have short attention spans!@

Ben's World Page said...

Jordan this is Ben! Thank goodness you are alive! I just want to let you know that me and Mike are having the time of our live here in cancun mexico we have been snorkling, cliff diving, been to the ancient book of mormon land and etc.! We are headed to cancun tomorrow for five days we have been in a place called playa de carmela!
tell everyone I say hi! Ben

Shontel & Kamron said...

Hey Jordan..
It sounds like you are having tons of fun. We miss you!!!

Kamron & Shontel

The Barr Family said...

Hi Jordan we are the Barrs from Arizona, have fun in India post some pictures!!!

Kent & Collette Barr said...

uhhh. we need an update, Jordan.